By now you’ve probably seen a few (dozen) pictures of people drinking a few sips of the new unicorn drink from Starbucks. You’ve also probably heard that it doesn’t taste *great* and people are throwing them away after taking a sip or two. I see no reason to waste money on something with such poor reviews, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like a pretty drink in my cup.
So what is a girl to do? Make her own healthy version!
Healthy Unicorn Smoothie
Makes: 1 Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used Almond but this should work with any milk!)
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- half a ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon each freeze dried blueberries and raspberries
- Place raspberries in a coffee grinder or small food processor. Pulse until you have a beautiful bright powder:
- Repeat with blueberries:
- Load your smoothie ingredients in the blender:
- Blend and pour half of your bright and beautiful smoothie into a glass. Sprinkle your blueberry and raspberry dust on top of your first smoothie layer:
- Top with the rest of your smoothie, put in a straw and enjoy your healthy, sweet and beautiful unicorn drink. It might not be as magical as what you can buy at the store, but wouldn’t you rather actually enjoy the drink?